That is what I heard this morning from our "adorable" 7 year old Madison.
It was time for her to get ready to go to school. I asked her to put on the shirt she wore last night to church and a pair of jeans. She only wore the shirt for an hour so, it was still clean and the jeans well, it's turned off cool here AGAIN!!!! She got dressed and came out.
I said, "Madison didn't I tell you to put on your shirt from last night".
She responded with, "It isn't Mother's Day anymore"?
Michael started laughing from utter shockage. Is that even a real word?? Oh well. I must admit I was quite shocked too. Apparently, since I asked the kids NOT to argue with me yesterday and speak kindly to each other that was enough for her. I'm guessing 2 days in a row of a "sweet" child is to much to ask.
In case your wondering. YES she went to school with the shirt she had on. I was to floored at the time to say much but, this afternoon we will have ANOTHER discussion on respect.
Here's to hoping that everyone else's children felt the NEED to be kind even if it wasn't "MOTHER'S DAY".
Monday, May 12, 2008
It isn't Mother's Day anymore
Posted by Kelly at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
LOL! From a distance, she can't see me laughing, so I can laugh and roll on the floor...of course, in person I'd have a completely straight face and be 100% supportive of you! How I wish I could have been a fly on the wall of her room during the respect conversation!
Love ya!
Thats a crack up! I tried to tell my boys to "please play nice" but I think they are a little to young to understand. It sounds like I am in for years of 1 "nice day".
Happy Mothers day, it sounds like yours was just perfect.
Have a great week
Stacey
Post a Comment