Monday, May 21, 2007

Our Referral to present

Our Referral: On 2/23 I spoke with Sue (Executive Director for CCI) and she said there was a little boy on there with updated pics if we would like to look at him. I told her, "Michael wasn't home and we would need to wait and pray about it over the weekend." Well, I hung up and called Michael at work & he said to look....it was the most BEAUTIFUL child in the world...it was the SAME child 2 days prior we both said we would like infor on later (not knowing 2 days later) GOD was in total control. He said, "Call her back and get infor." Well I did (she had it all ready) and she sent it ALL to me then I sent some to him. We had previously picked out to name our son Joshua Michael but, wanted to put his name in there somewhere (his BM named him and she is VERY important to our family) TO our own utter AMAZEMENT when we received his birth certificate his name was Dylan Josue Aifan Villasenor....Josue is JOSHUA in English. GOD was in TOTAL control here....we automatically accepted his referral. There are too MANY similarities to mention...we are TRULY BLESSED!!!

Medical Update: We are SO fortunate to get medical on Joshua every month. This may change some throughout the process but, we are GRATEFUL for what we get now...we even received 3 pics. On 2/22/07 our son (crazy to write) weighed 10lbs 5oz., length of 55cms. and head circumference was 37cms. Dr. Equizabal states he is right on target for weight and height and his neuro is GREAT. We may never know how much Joshua weighed at birth...he was able to spend 3 WONDERFUL weeks in the arms of his BIRTHMOM. We are so thankful he had time with her.

Pics from Sue 3/7: Our Executive Director Sue (wonderful lady) goes to G approx. every 6 weeks and visits our children takes MANY pics of them and video. Well, today was our day to receive them via email..he is growing SO much and is just HANDSOME!!!! Thanks Sue!! We will now wait to get the video...of course I've received it NOW and it is just WONDERFUL!!! I have a SON!!

3/15 I-171H arrived: This document says we can adopt a child from G and bring him to the US. I know your thinking but, you've already accepted him. Yes, we accepted an early referral.. this happens in some adoptions. We accepted him early because we had filed our original document (1-600A) on 1/29 (Madison's b-day)....we were close to getting this so, it was okay to do. Sue, is in G know and I was able to contact her via-email and she wanted me to scan this and get it to her so, she can let Elmer (our atty) know we have it. He will get one but, in a couple of days.

Medical Update: On 3/19/07 (3mths 1 wk) Joshua weight 11lbs. 6oz., length 59cms and head circumference 38cms. The doctor still states that he is right on target for his weight and length and that his neuro is GREAT. Yet, again pics 4 this time...we are sooo lucky. Mary if your wondering YES, I still have the doc's picture!! LOL

3/27 DNA autho: We received DNA autho....I know your thinking WHAT you have to have DNA done in G to show this is the mother giving the child up and not someone else. Now we just sit back and wait for the card to be charged and the appt. to be made. This is usually don after you enter FC (Family Court) but, can be done prior.

4/12 We are in FC: YEAH!!!! Today we are suppose to have DNA done and the FC interview WHAT: (you maybe asking yourself). This is when they sit down and talk with the birthmom and make sure she knows what is all going on. As I said earlier I started this later in the process and know now that the BM wasn't able to make her original appt. However, she did come in on 4/24..this must be so VERY hard on her. It saddens me to think about what she is and has been going through.

5/1 DNA Match: Today we received it via email....it's a MATCH 99.87%. I am SO happy to have this done..but, in the same breathe I feel for the BM. This had to have been so hard for her....she is present during the test and holds her son for a picture (we will receive the pic later). The LOVE she has for this child is just AMAZING....to give him up so, he can have a better life is just the ULTIMATE!!! By the way we are DONE with FC....YEAH!!!! Our next step is WAITING for PA and going into PGN!!

5/3 We are In: This is what our POST read...I though what in TROUBLE. LOL No, we are in PGN...I was SHOCKED. Of course, we have NO PA...but, movement is nice. We just sit back and wait to be KO's (kicked out) and wait for that PA...please get here. It use to be a 30 day wait (start counting from 5/1) but, now has been moved to 60 days YUCK!!! We pray that while we are IN that our file is being looked through and all Previos are done (like KO's). If this happens then our atty Elmer can fix everything and then resubmit us when we get our PA. You are usually in PGN for 8 weeks (if your lucky)...but, if you get KO'd (doesn't matter if your week 7 day 5) you have to start back from the beginning of PGN AGAIN!! Day 1 and try to get to week 8 or so without another KO. Sometimes you can get out earlier but, it's usually this long. You may be wondering how we find ALL this out. We get these WONDERFUL updates from our Case Manager...Tammy Grega. She is just GREAT...always there to help us out and TRUST ME I've needed ALOT of help. Thanks for all you have done!!

Sorry to have gone on and on. Tomorrow I will start with our visit trip and take you to where we are now!! To my friends and family THANK YOU for you continued support and prayers they mean more to us than you will ever know. But, PLEASE PRAY for ALL of these children they need to be home with there FAMILIES!! During this WONDERFUL journey I have made many friends that will be with me the REST of my life..to my whole CCI family THANKS and continued prayers for ALL of our children!! God Bless EVERYONE!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Joshua,
What a blessed little boy you are!!! You have a great family waiting for you! Hurry home :)

Robyn said...

Kelly,
What a great blog!! Joshua is adorable!! I pray he's home soon!!

Robyn
Mommy to Gabriella

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Kelly~
You have done a wonderful job putting together the last several months into one entry ! You truly are an amazing woman and friend and I am so grateful that we are taking this journey to our son's together. Meeting you, Michael and your precious Joshua was a wonderful experience and I will never forget it. Praying your son is home and in your forever arms very soon !
God Bless~
Julie