Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One year ago today....

We were packing up to leave my sweet prince. The driver would be to get us early in the morning so, packing was of the essence that evening. I tried my best to put on a happy face but, the streaming tears showed my pain. Oh how, I remember packing a huge bag loaded up with stuff for Maria Luisa to keep for my little boy. Smelling each piece of clothing as it was packed and shedding a tear on everyone. Making sure all of his bottles were sparkling clean, nipples and lids attached.

We bought TONS of items to remember our trip with. One of my most favorite items was Joshua's hand carved rocking horse. As I removed each individual piece and placed it in our now EMPTY large checked bag I knew that the next time it would be used was when Joshua came home.

Even through the heartache I felt and the many tears that were shed when it was time to give him back the morning of the 31st a peace came over me. I remember oh so clearly walking around the Radisson holding my sweet boy and praying over him. We had our special mommy, son goodbye time. I told him that the next time we saw each other it would be for keeps..NO MORE giving back. Man, I tell you the tears are shedding now thinking about that day. Then it happened MariaLuisa arrived and yet again a huge peace fell over me. I knew that she LOVED my little boy with all of her heart and that was the greatest gift of all.

Even though the days were hard after returning it was great to know that even miles away we were both under the same moon and the same Heavenly Father was loving him for me and was granting me peace as I waited until FOREVER.

Here's a picture of my handsome prince on his horse. Isn't he the CUTEST thing you've ever seen? Look at how tiny he was.



Here's Joshua one year later AT HOME on that same little rocking horse. Man, just looked at how big he has gotten. I am SOOO blessed to be his mommy.



Even though the memory of leaving him on that faithful day is still real it was SOOO TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!

There a two tears that flow now. The happy ones that flow so freely as I watch him play and thank God above for this precious gift he has entrusted us with. The 2nd are the tears of sadness that flow for my friends that are still waiting. Even though we've been home 9 1/2 mths. my heart is still with my adoption buddies. Oh, how I pray that soon there children will be in there FOREVER arms so, there heartache can end.

As always please join me in praying these children FOREVER HOME!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Carr Family said...

You took a rocking horse to Guatemala?!? You are so funny!

What a wonderful post. Your love for that little boy is so evident. I am blessed to be your friend!

Love you much!