As we were sitting at home this evening the phone began to ring @ 9:14pm. On the caller ID it stated OUT OF AREA. I watched to see if it flashed a number up and it did not. In our home we have opted to quit answering these calls because most of the time it is someone calling about a grave site (great huh) or wanting us to extend our warranty on the van (seriously how many times do I have to hit that 9 to get REMOVED).
Well, this evening the person called once then called right back at 9:17pm. I thought hey there persistant so, I will answer. On the other end I hear....
Caller: HELLO KELLY
Me: I gulp and holler out HOLA HOLA!!!
She then said it's Maria Luisa
Me: Yes, Yes, Hola Hola
Maria Luisa: She then asked how Joshua was doing?
Me: Muy Beuno...Muy Beuno
Me: Did you get the pictures I sent you?
Then a gentleman gets on the phone that speaks a little English. Here I go 90 to nothing. :) Then realize I need to SLOW down.
He: How is Dylan doing?
In the background Maria Luisa: No No Joshua Joshua
Me: I answer with he's doing great. Then I asked him if MariaLuisa has been receiving the pictures.
He: Starts to ask
and then it HAPPENED!!! Click....we got DISCONNECTED!!! I started to panic..I called Amy to double check about calling internationally. I called Maria Luisa's cell phone back several times with no answer. They must have been calling from his phone.
The strange thing is I was just talking today to my friend Mary about MariaLuisa. In the past she has been GREAT about returning emails and letting me know that she received the pictures. The last 3 sets I've sent her I haven't heard anyting. In the past couple of weeks my mind started going 90 to nothing. My 1st worry was that something had happened to her, 2nd that I offended her in something I said (I use babblefish for my translation..I send both Spanish and English copies), thirdly maybe just maybe it is to hard on her seeing pictures of Joshua. If it is that's okay and I will quit sending them. The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt her. She is just an AMAZING lady.
So, to put all of my fears to rest I told Mary that IF I didn't hear from her in the next few days that I would have someone call her for me and WOW BOOM she called me herself. Isn't that just amazing? No, wait that's NOT amazing that IS GOD!!!!
As I stated in my previous post it was one year ago today that I left my son. On that very hard day it was MariaLuisa's arms that I found peace. Her hugs not only covered me with love but, my sweet sweet boy also. Here we are one year later and those same arms are showering me with peace and love.
So, tonight as I prepare to go to bed my mind can rest easy knowing that she is okay. Thank you GOD for yet again granting me peace through this amazing lady.
Here is a picture of Maria Luisa feeding Joshua and telling him goodbye for the last time on Oct. 12, 2007.
>
Thursday, July 31, 2008
THE CALL!!!!!!
Posted by Kelly at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Did you ever get back in touch with her? Sorry I was a bit out of it when you called. Evenings are not my most coherent times!
Have you talked to her since???
I am tagging you for a brilliante blog award. Check out my blog for details.
Becky T.
kelly, i would have worried about the same things...i spoke to janet once since we have been home and i am so worried because i told her that jenda missed her trying to let her know that jenda loves her and now i am forever worrying that i worried her...maybe i will call in the next few weeks with my spanish friends.
have a great weekend!
susannah
ps. let me know when you go see amy and i will meet you in nashville and go too! i'm 4 hours from nashville
Post a Comment