Although we had been to the US Embassy and had his passport I couldn't believe he was really coming home. Deep down I knew it was happening but, for some strange reason I was still guarding my heart. I LOVE this little boy SO much and even though I had the GREAT opportunity of visiting him the leaving (crying now thinking about it) was SO hard!!!!!
We called down to the front desk and the bellman came up to get our bags. Joshua and daddy were both decked out in there UK (University of Kentucky) clothes. I must admit that both of my men looked awfully cute. We went downstairs and said our goodbyes to the staff and headed out. Everything was going GREAT and then it happened. We went to pick up Joshua's ticket and it wasn't paid for. I said "WHAT NO it was put on the cc". Well, I was informed that they held the ticket NEVER charged it. So, thankfully we had just enough cash on us to buy one.
I bet now your wondering IF I believed he's was really coming home...NOPE!!!!! It didn't hit until we took off. As soon as the propellers started I started to get chocked up but, then.....as soon as we took off I started crying like a baby!!!! I was PRAISING GOD....Joshua was REALLY COMING HOME!!!!!!! Boy oh boy you would think a few weeks later that wouldn't get me but, here I am crying again. :) Joshua was SO good on the plane. We flew in with 5 other beautiful Guatemalan children and he was the only one NOT crying. YEAH....JOSHUA!!!!! We got off the plane in Houston and one of the passengers came up to me and said that if she didn't know any better she would have thought he had been with us his whole life. He laughed and smiled all the way from Guatemala to Houston and then from Houston to Nashville!!!!!!!!!
When we landed in Nashville Joshua was greeted by his sisters and grandparents. They each had a stuffed animal for him and TONS of hugs and kisses. My dad had never met him before so, as soon as we got off the escalator he snatched him up. My dad's not a very emotional man but, I have to tell you he was VERY choked up. Joshua was passed around to everyone as the men got the bags. He was full of smiles even at 10:30pm. Then our next "challenge" arose. I heard from several other parents that there kids had a hard time riding in car seats. Who can blame them...they had never been in one before. So, I expected to rides beside him on the way home and sooth him but, NOPE didn't have to. Daddy put him in and buckled him up and he smiled. We are SO blessed. He did GREAT on the 2 1/2 hour ride home.
When we finally made it home the girls and my parents had placed balloons throughout the house and made him a welcome home banner. I was SO surprised and must admit that the banner is still hanging up in the arch way of our kitchen. :)
Joshua checking out the flight from Houston to Nashville
Monday, November 5, 2007
Homeward Bound 10/12!!!!
Posted by Kelly at 3:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Wow Kelly! I have been checking in for so long.... so glad to see Joshua is finally home and doing well with his forever family. Enjoy that little pumpkin and shower him with kisses. He is so precious and surly a true gift from God! Im looking forward to checking in and keeping up with him.
Love and hugs..
Welcome Home Sweet Prince ! Wishing you many blessings as you begin your lives as a forever family !
God Bless-
Julie
Kelly,
I have been checking in - hoping you would post your homecoming story and pictures. Thank you so much for sharing! I am sure you are enjoying every minute with your new little boy - aren't boys WONDERFUL??! Thank you God for the gift of adoption!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Love & FROG,
Heather
Oh what a wonderful day!! Congratulations! He is adorable. What a wonderful Christmas your family will have.
Post a Comment