Today was going to be the day that I FINALLY completed Joshua's "at home" paperwork. For those that may not know what I am talking about I am referring to a KY. birth certificate. Since, we visited Joshua in the great state of KY. there was no need in doing a readoption. Oh, and YES I also double checked with an adoption attorney here and they verified the same thing. However, in such and oh so nice voice he did tell me that he could do the leg work aka..name change and new bc for me for of course a nice fee. Well, after the cost of bringing our son home we opted for ME doing it.
So, again the day had come. I was gathering all of my needed documents such as his protocolo, front page copy of our home study (showing that yes, we did or do live in KY.), new bc (showing us as his parents), Michael and I's bc and finally either Joshua's passport or COC (certificate of citizenship). As I quickly gathered our documents I found several to be missing!!!! Such as our bc's (wasn't to worried about that one) and Joshua's passport and COC. For those of you that don't know me really well to put it honestly I started freaking out. I called Michael at work several times (thankfully he DID NOT answer) because I just KNEW that he had lost it. After all there is NO way in this world I could have done something like that!!! :) My mind was going 90 to nothing. I was crying, angry and all the above. I started thinking in my head WHAT IF somebody out there started to challenge our adoption (this WILL NOT happen) I had NO passport or COC. I must admit that I sure did give the devil a huge gaping whole to jump into and man, did he ever start to take control of my mind. After allowing myself to go in my own words nutso for about 30 min. I stopped and just prayed. I knew that God knew where those important papers were.
Finally, after finishing up going through our filing cabinet (like a million times), drawers, cabinets (YES, sometimes I do throw things in odd places), our china hutch and everywhere else I stopped and looked at the nightstand beside our bed. I told myself it would NEVER be there I opened it up and boom there it was. I stared at it and then dropped on my bed in tears. I THANKED GOD a hundred times over. I THANKED HIM for directing me to this drawer, I THANKED HIM yet again for coming to my rescue. As I stood in the shower weeping I continued to be in awe of my LORD.
Yes, indeed friends God is with us ALWAYS and he takes care of even the smallest of details. To us sometimes they may seem BIG but, to HIM I truly believe that they are just little pathways leading us back to the bigger picture which is HIM!!!! Even as I type this I am still THANKING GOD!!!!
Oh and in case your wondering...YES I am going to by a special "adoption" book today and that will be where ALL my papers will remain and YES organizing is on the top of my list. After my little man wakes up from his nap we are heading out to send off his much needed documents so, that he can get a KY. bc.!!!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Still learning that God takes care of even the smallest things..
Posted by Kelly at 1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment