Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What IF??????

As I was sitting at work today cutting out things for preschool the words "What IF" popped into my head. "What IF" God isn't calling us to adoption again right now. "What IF" he is calling us to something even bigger.

I sat thinking what could be bigger than adoption at this point. Last night I cried myself to sleep thinking about not only the people of Guatemala but, the parents waiting for there children. You see last night as I was speaking with my dear friend Amy she was telling me that the orphanage her son is at is getting to full. She asked if her sweetie might be moved and the answer was yes. I can't imagine how that made her feel. Not only does she miss her little boy the thought of moving him must hurt. Over population in an orphanage on one hand truly saddens me but, on the other hand I'm glad to see that the children now have a place to rest there little heads. How many more kids are out there tonight without a place to sleep and no food??

So, I continued to ask myself "What can I do"? Then it hit me. Well, actually it was God who hit me. :) I know you can sponsor children in Guatemala to go to school how about sponsoring an orphanage? How much does it cost to run one for a month? How much would it cost to set up another one? TRUST ME I know the best place for a child is in a loving home whether it be here or in Guatemala but, at this point in time with the problems going on there couldn't the best place now be a child in an orphanage instead of on the streets??? What about the child that's been there for a while waiting for there family....should they have to move? By far is my family rich but, when there's a will there IS GOD!!!!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is surely there's a way that people can sponsor an orphanage.

I can't hardly make it through a day much less a Sunday service without crying. Now, I've brought my tears to work. As they were streaming I told myself that I needed to replace my tears with some action. I don't know what I will find out but, I am making it my mission to see what I can do to help out in Guatemala. So, any suggestions on whom I might need to contact would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try my agency tomorrow and try to email Mayan Familes.

Do I want to adopt again?!?!?! OH, YES!!!!! But, right now until the doors reopen (rumors say late 2009 but, I will wait to see what God says) I feel as if I need to help out as many children as possible get in or stay in an orphanage.

Man, NEVER in a million years (YES, this IS one of my favorite sayings) could I have dreamed this for my life. I've known for quite sometime that my purpose IS children but, this OH MY!!! I don't know about you but, boy I sure am glad that I worship a Savior who's "dreams" are so much bigger and better than mine.

So, tonight when I light my candle I will not just be praying for my friends who are adopting, there children and the people of Guatemala but, for God to guide me and direct my path.

I hope this post hasn't offended anybody in anyway. I am but, merely sharing my heart.

2 comments:

Carr Family said...

Love the look of your blog. Very fun.

Praying for wisdom as you continue to seek God's will for your family. Your desire to obey blesses my heart.

Love you!

Beth said...

I'm in! Guatemala is in my heart to stay! Yes, we want to adopt again-from Guatemala when that becomes a possibility and when we get IF's adoption paid off! But, I wish we could do something NOW!

Let me know what you find out!