was the day this whole adoption process started for us. It was our home study office visit day. I will never forget that day. Michael and I got the kids off for school and we headed down to TN. The agency we used was Adoption Assistance out of Danville, KY. I remember sitting there thinking what IF we fail but, then again how could we fail. It will be okay. We have kids surely enough they will think we can have another. But, what IF they don't..what IF they think we can't afford another one..what IF we answer there questions wrong..what IF. These questions tossed around in my head so, much I was about to get sick.
Well, finally after about 1 1/2 hrs. of driving we got there. We got to the home of the lady that would be our Social Worker Lisa M. The questions started again in my head would she like us...would I say something stupid??? I was nervous but, Lisa calmed my fears very easily. She said it would be quick and easy just a few questions. Well, it was. It took us both less than an hour and we were done. WE DID GREAT!!!!!!!! Lisa is such a great person. We got the chance to see some photos of some other beautiful Guatemalan children. I thought to myself how exciting...maybe one day my child will be in her book.
Well, okay FOLKS like the posts says one year ago today.....here he is so my SON TODAY!!!!! 
I just LOVE this little guy SO VERY MUCH!!!!! I LOVE kissing his toes, blowing on his belly, listening to him laugh, the kisses he gives, the hugs that will melt anybody, the way he pats me on the back when he hugs me. I LOVE giving him baths, feeding him, dressing him and YES even changing his diapers. I LOVE everything about this little boy. My life would be so much less without him in it!!!!
I just LOVE in the picture how his head is turned and his eyes are looking over to the side. When he does this he looks SO funny!!! He will look at you to the side and keep staring at you while he's moving his head back and forth. Again I say TOO FUNNY!!!!
Thank you Adoption Assistance and Lisa for being a part of our adoption journey. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be enjoying this little boy today.
Most importantly THANK YOU GOD for entrusting us with your most beautiful son. Again, I say I don't know why you chose me because I am so unworthy but, I am so grateful you did.


6 comments:
Every Journey Begins With a Single Step... Happy Day. What an Adorable Picture of Out Sweet Prince...
God Bless-
Julie
Im glad yo posted...We have been waiting for an update!
He sure is a cutie!
Love and Hugs..
What an adorable pic!!
Robyn
Cute! Joshua is a little HANDSOME boy with such a strong personality! Such a blessing! I am so happy to see everyone is doing great.
Keep posting!
Hugs--
Rejoicing with you in the anniversary of your journey's beginning. What an amazing God we serve and what a blessing it is to journey with friends like you. Give that boy a special hug from his West coast friends.
Blessings,
Amy & Samantha!
What an adorable picture! Enjoy every minute with your handsome prince - he is a cutie.
Love & FROG,
Heather
Post a Comment